Defeat Human Trafficking
“Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.”
- Isaiah 1:17
About Dr. Philip Mamalakis
Our keynote speakers will be Dr. Philip Mamalakis, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Care at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology. Dr. Mamalakis has titled our event "Bringing Light into Darkness, an Orthodox Response to Pornography".
Dr. Mamalakis will be speaking on how pornography affects us as spiritual beings. Dr. Mamalakis will also be speaking in the church at vespers to all who would like to attend. Topic is to be determined, either on marriage or raising children.
We will also have an Organization " Fight the New Drug" which provides education on how Pornography affects our brain, our relationships, society and our children. They do this through age appropriate presentations for Adults, Parents and young adults. They are active, engaging, educational and fun.
Below are a few Podcasts that help everyone understand what Human Trafficking is:
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #1 - "What is Human Trafficking" Learn what human trafficking is so that you can begin to study this issues, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #2 - "Human Trafficking is BIG Business" Learn about some of the business and economic issues that drive human trafficking so that you can begin to study this issue, be a voice, and make a difference.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #3 - "Children in Human Trafficking" Learn about how children are involved in human trafficking so that you can begin to study these issues, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #4 - "Physiology of Children in Human Trafficking" Learn about how the physiology of children plays a major role in human trafficking.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #5 - "Annual Trafficking in Persons Report" Learn about the annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report that is issued by the U.S. State Department.
Foundations Fighting the Freedom Fight
Opportunities for you to help!
What is Human Trafficking? 08/2020
Fighting the Crime of Human Trafficking 09/2020
Spot It! Report It! 10/2020
How Does Homelessness Lead To It? 11/2020
Study the Issues; Be a Voice; Make a Difference 12/2020
Spirit of Emilie - Values in action 01/10/2021
COVID-19 Impact on Human Trafficking 02/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #1 03/2021
A Big Thank You! 04/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #2 05/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #3 06/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #4 07/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #5 08/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #6 10/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #7 11/2021
Awareness and Education are the Key 12/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #8 01/2022
Consent? - Myth #9 02/2022
Undocumented Immigrants - Myth #10 03/2022
God Forgives 04/2022
What is a Safe House? 06/2022
Damaris House 07/2022
Helping Hands 08/2022
The First Birthday 09/2022
Thanks for the Support! 10/2022
Letter from Damaris 11/2022
Prayer for Healing 12/2022
Human Trafficking Awareness Month 01/2023
What is Activism? 02/2023
The Cost of Consumption 03/2023
There is No Shame in Repentance 04/2023
Lenten Service Project 05/2023
Faith In Action 06/2023