Defeat Human Trafficking
“All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”
- Psalms 35:10
What’s the cost of our consumption? Nearly 1 in 10 children are subjected to child labor worldwide, with some forced into hazardous work through trafficking.
Economic hardship inflicts a toll on millions of families worldwide – and in some places, it comes at the price of a child’s safety. Children may be driven into work for various reasons. Most often, child labor occurs when families face financial challenges or uncertainty – whether due to poverty, sudden illness of a caregiver, or job loss of a primary wage earner. Child labor can result in extreme bodily and mental harm, and even death. It can lead to slavery and sexual or economic exploitation. And in nearly every case, it cuts children off from schooling and health care, restricting their fundamental rights and threatening their futures.1
Whatever the cause, child labor compounds social inequality and discrimination, and robs girls and boys of their childhood. Unlike activities that help children develop, such as contributing to light housework or taking on a job during school holidays, child labor limits access to education and harms a child’s physical, mental and social growth. Especially for girls, the “triple burden” of school, work and household chores heightens their risk of falling behind, making them even more vulnerable to poverty and exclusion.1
Think about it. Do you know how your favorite goods are made? Items you use every day may be produced by child or forced labor.2
What can YOU do to help address child labor and forced labor?2
1. Could some of the goods I buy be made by child labor or forced labor?
2. What are companies doing to end child labor and forced labor in global supply chains?
3. What are governments doing to combat child labor and forced labor?
1. Empower yourself with knowledge. USDOL’s “Sweat & Toil” and “Comply Chain” are a good
place to start.
2. Show your support. Engage with organization that are working to end these abuses.
DEMAND CHANGE – Advocate for a world in which2:
1. Workers everywhere can raise their voices against child labor, forced labor, and other abuses.
2. Your investments have a positive social impact by promoting responsible labor practices.
Defeat Human Trafficking
Study the Issues; Be a voice; Make a difference
Below are a few Podcasts that help everyone understand what Human Trafficking is:
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #1 - "What is Human Trafficking" Learn what human trafficking is so that you can begin to study this issues, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #2 - "Human Trafficking is BIG Business" Learn about some of the business and economic issues that drive human trafficking so that you can begin to study this issue, be a voice, and make a difference.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #3 - "Children in Human Trafficking" Learn about how children are involved in human trafficking so that you can begin to study these issues, be a voice, and make a difference in ending it.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #4 - "Physiology of Children in Human Trafficking" Learn about how the physiology of children plays a major role in human trafficking.
- End Human Trafficking Podcast #5 - "Annual Trafficking in Persons Report" Learn about the annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report that is issued by the U.S. State Department.
Foundations Fighting the Freedom Fight
Opportunities for you to help!
What is Human Trafficking? 08/2020
Fighting the Crime of Human Trafficking 09/2020
Spot It! Report It! 10/2020
How Does Homelessness Lead To It? 11/2020
Study the Issues; Be a Voice; Make a Difference 12/2020
Spirit of Emilie - Values in action 01/10/2021
COVID-19 Impact on Human Trafficking 02/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #1 03/2021
A Big Thank You! 04/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #2 05/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #3 06/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #4 07/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #5 08/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #6 10/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #7 11/2021
Awareness and Education are the Key 12/2021
Misconceptions - Myth #8 01/2022
Consent? - Myth #9 02/2022
Undocumented Immigrants - Myth #10 03/2022
God Forgives 04/2022
What is a Safe House? 06/2022
Damaris House 07/2022
Helping Hands 08/2022
The First Birthday 09/2022
Thanks for the Support! 10/2022
Letter from Damaris 11/2022
Prayer for Healing 12/2022
Human Trafficking Awareness Month 01/2023
What is Activism? 02/2023
The Cost of Consumption 03/2023
Find us on Facebook