Parish Properties Development Project
Posted February 15, 2024
Holy Trinity Parish Properties Development Update
As always, your Parish Properties Team, born out of the Strategic Plan finalized in 2021, has been hard at work.
Activities this month:
- Say “hello” to your new Cathedral Properties Logo. With this you will find updates on the new planned development for the 31st/Glisan properties. Thanks very much to Vickie Diamond and Thomas Spathas for their help in producing this logo;
- Analyzed options for preferred site plan;
- Engaged architect to produce a full schematic design set including floorplans, elevations final site plan and presentation package;
-Began creating project proforma and budget;
- Continued work on Awareness Campaign to inform and engage all HT parishioners;
It is a very exciting time for the parish to have the opportunity to invest in our real property to secure parish future income!
This project will require support – monetary and forward-thinking minds to guarantee a stable income source for Holy Trinity. Please ask questions, call with your thoughts, support this effort.
Stay tuned for regular updates. Team members are available for input, to answer questions, examine your thoughts, etc. – Paula Diamond, Don Ossey, Jim Lampus, Jimmy Drakos, Georgia Liapes, Nicholas Diamond, George Diamond, Michelle Rozakis and Annie McGowan. Advisor Father Paul
To be continued …
Posted January 5, 2024
Summarizing some information shared at the November 5, 2023, Parish General Assembly and providing additional updates...
What are we re-developing?
- The house at 3047 NE Glisan built in 1905;
- Retail Space (3059 NE Glisan), 3 upstairs apartments (3055 NE Glisan) built in 1905. For those of you who may remember, when Holy Trinity gained the retail and apartment properties around 1983, it was anticipated that they would be torn down and re developed;
- AHEPA Hall.
- because of deferred maintenance, low rents, spiraling repair needs and costs and basic functional obsolescence. This location has much more potential to be a higher income producing property for our parish and a compliment to our Cathedral asset and surrounding neighborhood;
- to generate long-term, on-going, stable income for the general fund of our parish;
- we have a team of competent parishioners committed to lead the project to successful completion.
Parish Properties Team is currently working with a local developer to prepare a preliminary site plan, elevations and floorplans to build a 12-unit townhome project - a legacy project for our parish.
By March 1 we hope to have a preliminary packet to begin circulating to all parishioners in anticipation of approval at our May Parish General Assembly meeting.
This project will require support - monetary and forward thinking minds to guarantee a stable income-source for Holy Trinity. Please ask questions, call with your thoughts, support this effort.
Stay tuned for regular updates. Team members are available for input, to answer questions, examine your thoughts, etc. - Paula Diamond, Don Ossey, Jim Lampus, Jimmy Drakos, Georgia Liapes, Nicholas Diamond, George Diamond, Michelle Rozakis and Annie McGowan. Advisor Father Paul.
Recent Men's Ministry work party helping at the St John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Moastery in Goldendale, WA.